The Canadian Taxpayers Federation's 11th annual Gas Tax Honesty Day was marked on May 14, getting widespread coverage as usual.
- Gas tax 31 cents on every dollar at pump, taxpaper group says: Winnipeg Free Press
- Group pushes for gas tax accountability: Winnipeg Free Press
- The Tax On Gasoline; Perhaps More Than You Think: CJOB 680
- Gas Going Up Again In Time For Long Weekend: Toronto, CityNews.ca
- Lower Gas Taxes, Gov't Urged: Fredericton, Times and Transcript
In British Columbia, Maureen Bader also made big news on another issue: severance pay for MLAs who won't be back following the recent provincial election.
As for the oft-asked question about whether gas companies are gouging, this CBC article provides some context and insight: What goes into the price of gasoline?. Elsewhere Quebec Premier Jean Charest praised the Harper government for increasing and extending the federal gas tax transfer to Quebec.